Tuesday 15 January 2013

2012 Movies: Top 5

2012 produced a wide variety of films that I'll continue to watch again and again into the future. Five movies managed to stand out above all others.

1. The Dark Knight Rises
This film perfectly brought to an end the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy. It worked on every level, creating a movie that was both thrilling and thought provoking.

2. James Bond: Skyfall
Skyfall brought James Bond back to its best. It was perhaps the first James Bond film to truly question the role and purpose of Bond while also continuing to give Bond fans everything they want; strong villains, thrilling locations, and just the right amount of laughs.

3. My Week with Marilyn
My Week with Marilyn was a pleasant surprise that ended up being a beautiful film. The film was dominated by the performances of Eddie Redmayne and Michelle Williams who created engaging characters and a thoughtful film. A strong supporting cast didn't hurt either.

4. The Descendants
The Descendants was perhaps the most beautifully shot film of 2012. George Clooney dominates in a movie that worked to both show off just how beautiful Hawaii is, and provided a great drama that moved at a slow, thoughtful pace.

5. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
I didn't know what to expect when I went to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Ultimately it proved to be dark thriller set throughout a bleak Winter landscape. Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig provide great performances and have left me constantly checking online to see when the next instalment will be released.

Also worth a mention is the high calibre of the movies released in 2012 adopted from Comic books. The Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers, and The Amazing Spiderman all proved to be high quality films, with Spiderman proving a real surprise and providing a perfect excuse to keep the Spiderman film franchise alive. The Avengers is also the only movie of 2012 that I went back and watched again.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! I want to watch those movie later but I don't know any sites where I can watch those fantastic movie. Can you suggest me some sites? Thanks.

    Producer Chris Young

    ReplyDelete