Tuesday 25 September 2012

Movie reviews: Update

I remember saying I would update my list of best movies so far this year after I'd seen some more. I've done a review of The Dark Knight Rises, but have also seen 'The Amazing Spiderman' and 'The Watch'...

The Amazing Spider-man (3D)
Unfortunate to have come out in the same period as The Dark Knight Rises. Better than every single Toby Maguire version of this Marvel franchise. Andrew Garfield does a great job capturing the awkwardness of Peter Parker, while Martin Sheen is perfect in the role of the doomed uncle. Rhys Ifans makes for an engaging villain, while Emma Stone doesn't have to do anything new to pull off the role of love-interest gwen Stacy. The plot wasn't nearly as predicatable as I thought it would be, and makes for a great superhero film. 2012 has really been the best years for super-hero movies. 
Rating: 8/10

Ted
It really just felt like a movie version of Family Guy just with a completely different set of characters. I enjoyed the film, but felt that the gags could have been a bit less predictable. But I like Family Guy, so enjoyed the movie. Didn't think I could enjoy a movie centred around a talking Teddy Bear and Mark Wahlberg as much as I did.
Rating: 7/10

The Watch
I think the producers were hoping that they could appeal to fans of Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill and Ben Stiller. In truth, even if you like one of them, you have to put up with the other two. The movie had some memorable scenes, but wasn't exactly a memorable movie.
Rating: 6/10

2012 Movie Rankings

  1. My Week with Marilyn
  2. The Descendants
  3. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
  4. The Avengers (3D)
  5. Hugo (3D)
  6. John Carter (3D)
  7. 21 Jump Street 
  8. The Hunger Games
  9. The Amazing Spiderman (3D)
  10. The Adventures of Tintin (3D) 
  11. Snow White and the Huntsman
  12. Men in Black III (3D)
  13. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
  14. Ted
  15. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (3D)
  16. The Watch
  17. Iron Sky
  18. The Dictator

No comments:

Post a Comment